Nonadversarial Divorce is a simplified process by which eligible parties can obtain a divorce within 35 days without having to come to court and appear before a judge.
What are the benefits of a Nonadversarial Divorce?
- You can obtain a divorce in days, as compared to the regular process, which takes at least 3 months
- You don’t have to come to court
- You can move on with your life more quickly
Are you eligible?
If you and your spouse meet the following criteria, you may be eligible:
- We have been married 8 (eight) years or less
- Neither of us is pregnant
- No children were born to us or adopted by us before or during the marriage
- Neither of us has any interest or title in any real property
- The total value of all property owned by us is less than $35,000
- Neither of us has a defined benefit pension plan
- Neither of us has a pending bankruptcy
- Neither of us is applying for or receiving Medicaid benefits
- There is no other action for dissolution of our marriage pending
- There are no restraining or protective orders between us